Graduate Enrollment Contract
- By submitting this application you are agreeing to these terms and conditions, which form a binding agreement between you and Gonzaga Global. If you are submitting this application on behalf of another person, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person applying to Gonzaga Global/Graduate Direct at Gonzaga University (“GU”) is aware of these terms and accepts them, and by submitting the application you are warranting that you have made the applicant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
- If you are admitted, you will be placed in the appropriate program track based on your academic and English language credentials submitted with this application. You acknowledge that there are price disparities between each program track based on length and course of study, which may include required English language courses. You are not guaranteed admission at Gonzaga University.
Enrollment Agreement – Student’s Acceptance of the Offer
Gonzaga Global ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT
- By submitting your deposit you are agreeing to this Enrollment Agreement, which forms a binding agreement between you and Gonzaga Global (“GONZAGA GLOBAL” “we” or “us”). Gonzaga Global, which operates Graduate Direct at Gonzaga University, reserves the right to amend this Enrollment Contract from time to time.
- In addition to this Enrollment Agreement, as part of your conditional offer you have received other information and documents that contain additional terms of your participation. Please familiarize yourself with all documentation provided to you by Gonzaga Global.
- Degree Verification and Non-US Institutions. Gonzaga University is a U.S. accredited university. After you obtain a Gonzaga University degree, you may be required to submit your degree for verification (sometimes called “validation” or “authentication”), either by your employer or your country’s education authority if you live and work in your home country. It is your responsibility to determine what level of verification is needed and how to obtain it. We do not guarantee that your Gonzaga University degree will be verified outside of the U.S. Degree verification does not impact the validity or value of your degree in the U.S. Further, we do not guarantee that credits earned at Gonzaga University will be transferrable to systems of higher education outside of the U.S or within the U.S. Whether and how much transfer credit to award is in the discretion of the foreign institution or other U.S. institution.
Tuition and Fees; Refunds
- Tuition and fees payment: Following payment of the deposit, you must pay the remaining outstanding balance shown on your invoice by the indicated due date. You are responsible for paying the full invoice amount, including any banking or processing fees, to Gonzaga Global. Gonzaga Global has the right to amend its prices.
- Annual Statement of Fees. Gonzaga Global programs generally require completion in consecutive semesters of study, therefore your Statement of Fees will reflect pricing for 3 consecutive semesters. However, if you were admitted as a degree-seeking student through the Graduate Direct (GD) process, you may opt to skip the Summer term if your program does not require Summer attendance. If you elect to skip the Summer term, your fees for Summer will be collected and credited to your Fall semester.
- Graduate Prerequisites. Certain graduate departments may require prerequisites courses to participate in a GD program. If your graduate department requires prerequisites, your FOL (final offer letter) will state how many prerequisites are needed and the cost for those prerequisites will be added to your first year bill.
- Additional Credit Hour and Departmental Fees. Graduate Direct (GD) students will incur additional tuition fees at the University’s current rate for credit hours above those billed for their first year. The University may adjust the per-additional credit fee in its sole discretion. You are responsible for paying the additional credit fee for any credit attempted, therefore you must pay the fee for any classes you drop after the no-refund date in addition to those you add. Additionally, certain departments charge program and course fees in addition to those added to your annual statement of fees. You are responsible for paying any additional departmental or course fees related to your program in addition to your tuition.
- Failure to Pay. Failure to pay by your payment deadline may lead to penalties, including late fees, inability to gain access to housing and use of a meal plan, inability to progress after your first year, and a hold on your account that will prevent you from enrolling in classes. If you are unable to enroll due to nonpayment of tuition and fees you may become in violation of your immigration status, and we will be required to report such violation to the SEVIS database maintained by the Department of Homeland Security; you may lose your immigration status and be deported from the U.S. You may be dismissed from Gonzaga Global for failure to pay your invoice.
- Deposit Refunds. We will only refund your deposit if you provide us with written notification and documentation showing that your visa application has been denied prior to the move-in date. Otherwise, we do not refund deposits.
- Refunds for Cancellation of Enrollment. If you cancel your enrollment prior to your move-in date (found here), you may request a full refund of fees paid, less housing and any other non-refundable fees. After the start of the semester or session, you may be eligible for the partial refunds listed in the table below. After the no refund dates listed below, all tuition and fees for the entire duration of your progam at Gonzaga Global are nonrefundable.
|Intake Semester||Last day for 100% Refund||Last day for 80% Refund||Last day for 60% Refund||Last day for 40% Refund||Begin 0% Refund|
|Fall||Friday of 2nd week of class||Friday of 3rd week of class||Friday of 4th week of class||Friday of 5th week of class||Saturday of 5th week of class|
|Spring||Friday of 2nd week of class||Friday of 3rd week of class||Friday of 4th week of class||Friday of 5th week of class||Saturday of 5th week of class|
|Session II||Friday of 1st week of class||n/a||n/a||n/a||Saturday of 1st week of class|
|Summer||Wednesday of 1st week of class||n/a||n/a||n/a||Thursday of 1st week of class|
- Refunds Generally. Except for deposit refund requests, you must submit your refund request for all eligible refunds within 60 days of program completion, withdrawal, or dismissal. The request form can be found here. All refunds will be issued in U.S. Dollars, minus bank transfer and processing fees, including any fees incurred for a rejected payment, according to the exchange rate in place at the time of the refund. All eligible refunds will be processed when students complete, withdraw, or are dismissed from our program. This may be transferred to the student’s university account or processed as a refund directly to the student. Refunds are typically issued within 60 business days from receipt of completed form.
- No Refunds for Immediate Transfer. You will not receive a refund of your deposit or any tuition or fees if you enter the United States on a Gonzaga University-issued I-20 and immediately request a transfer of your I-20 to another program, school, college or university.
- Gonzaga Global Visa-Denial Refund Exceptions- Virtual Start. If you begin your program virtually through Gonzaga Global, you acknowledge that completing your program on-campus will require you to obtain a valid U.S. study visa, and that Gonzaga Global does not guarantee you will receive your visa. Moreover, you may not know if you are denied a visa until after completing all or a substantial portion of your virtual studies. If you are denied a visa after you have successfully completed the virtual portion of your program, Gonzaga Global will allow you to defer the start of your next consecutive term up to three semesters (approximately 12 months). If, during the three-semester deferral period, you are denied a U.S. visa two or more times, you may be eligible for a refund of 50% of your tuition paid, subject to meeting the following conditions: (1) you submit documentation to Gonzaga Global (your visa denial letter and proof of visa appointment) verifying at least two U.S. visa denials prior to the move-in date for your next term of study, and (2) you remain in good standing and achieve a GPA of 3.0 or higher during the virtual portion of your program. No refund is available if you complete your degree program online.
Accommodations & Services
- Airport Transfers. Requests for airport transfer service must be made at least 2 weeks in advance of arrival by visiting https://gonzaga.edu/global/welcome. Airport transfers are available for your initial arrival on campus for flights arriving at Spokane International Airport. We cannot guarantee a reservation for a request made less than 2 weeks in advance. If your flight is cancelled or delayed, you must call the emergency telephone number published in your pre-arrival email to inform Gonzaga Global staff of the new arrival date or time. Airport transfer fees are nonrefundable.
- Housing Accommodation and Meal Plan. On- and off-campus housing is available for Graduate Direct students. If you opt-in to program housing, we will provide you with a housing contract prior to your move-in date containing the terms of your residency. Payment for housing is due in full two weeks prior to the move-in date unless you are on a payment plan pre-approved by Gonzaga Global. Late housing payments or failure to pay housing costs may result in additional fees. Cancelling your housing contract may result in forfeiture of your entire housing payment.
- Health Insurance. All international graduate students studying at Gonzaga Global are required to be covered by health insurance that meets the U.S. Government, State of Washington, and local requirements. Not all services are covered, and the student is responsible for any outstanding balances for non-covered services.
- You are required to purchase coverage from a Gonzaga Global-designated health plan as a condition of enrollment.
- Information about mandatory immunization requirements may be reviewed here, and the mandatory immunization forms may be obtained here. You must have completed immunization documentation prior to class registration in order to enroll in any courses. All immunization forms must be translated in English.
- You are fully and solely responsible for the payment of any premiums or other costs associated with maintaining health insurance coverage, and Gonzaga Global is not responsible for payment of any funds related to a student’s health insurance. Be advised that the cost of health insurance is typically non-refundable, unless permitted by the terms and conditions of a particular plan.
- Internships and Externships. If you are accepted into an internship or externship option, such as Career Premium, all opportunities will be awarded by a third-party organization at such organization’s sole discretion.
Gonzaga Global Policies, Procedures and Requirements
- Vacation, Holidays and Closures. Please familiarize yourself with Gonzaga Global’s calendar for holidays and vacations. Classes will not be held on designated school vacations and may be cancelled on public holidays. We do not make reimbursements for classes not offered due to planned or unplanned school closures.
- Absences. Failure to meet attendance requirements may lead to penalties, including loss of immigration status and deportation. You will not receive a refund if you lose immigration status due to class absences.
- Medical Withdrawal. If you need to withdraw for medical reasons you must apply for a valid medical withdrawal through the Registrar’s Office. We will honor any tuition refunds granted by the University for a medical withdrawal in conflict with this Enrollment Agreement, but please be aware that certain housing and other Gonzaga Global fees may not be refundable.
- Program of Study. Upon arrival on campus, you will be required to take an English language assessment test. The results of the assessment test are used to place you on the program track that is appropriate for your skill level, which may be different from what was indicated on your conditional offer letter. If your assessment test score does not meet the criteria for your assigned program track you will not be able to enroll on that track. As a result, the length of study may be longer than originally anticipated, and involve additional costs including tuition and other fees. If you choose to withdraw from Gonzaga Global because you do not wish to enroll in the track that your assessment test results require, the refund terms contained in this Enrollment Agreement will apply to you.
- Consecutive Semesters. You must complete your coursework in consecutive semesters. This requirement may be waived by the Managing Director of Gonzaga Global only in extenuating circumstances.
- Academic Performance. Students are accepted to Gonzaga Global with the strict understanding that adherence to the Gonzaga Global academic standards and progression requirements, which can be found here, as may be amended, is mandatory. You will not be allowed to proceed if you do not meet the minimum standards set by Gonzaga Global. If you are unable to proceed, you may be offered advice on suitable alternatives, including repeating courses or dismissal from Gonzaga Global. These alternative options may involve additional time and costs, including tuition and other fees which may require presenting additional proof of finances.
- Academic or Conduct Rule and Policy Violations. you may be suspended or expelled if you violate any of Gonzaga Global’s policies, rules, or regulations, which may result in the revocation of your immigration status. No refund will be given in cases of suspension or expulsion.
- Dismissal. If you are dismissed from Gonzaga Global for any reason you may not-reapply to Gonzaga Global the University, your current program, or any other program offered by Gonzaga Global.
- Photography, Filming and Sound Recording. Gonzaga Global or its representatives, affiliates, successors and related companies may arrange to photograph or shoot video footage of students for purposes of advertising, public relations, and/or promotion in any medium throughout the world, including on social media sites and on the internet. If you do not wish to participate you must advise us in writing and state at the time of the photography or video shooting the wish not to participate. By accepting this Enrollment Agreement you are indicating your consent to use these photographs or video footage without further consent or notifications unless you follow the above opt-out requirements.
- Force Majeure. Gonzaga Global will not be liable in cases where Gonzaga Global is unable to fulfill any services because of fire, natural disaster, disease or pandemic, national emergency, act of government, acts of war or terrorism, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or any other reasons which are beyond Gonzaga Global’s control.
- Liability. The liability of Shorelight, LLC d/b/a Gonzaga Global, its parent Shorelight Education, LLC, and their group companies, their directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents and partners with respect to losses arising from negligence (except where such liability cannot be excluded as a matter of law), breach of contract or otherwise will be limited in all circumstances to the full amount paid to Gonzaga Global, or the relevant group company by the relevant student for the particular program. Such companies and persons will in no circumstances have any liability for indirect or consequential losses or damages. Any dispute, claim or other matter arising will be subject to the jurisdiction and laws of the State of Washington without regard to the choice of law rules. Any legal suit, action or proceeding seeking to enforce any provision of, or based on any right or issues arising out of or related to this Enrollment Agreement, shall be brought exclusively in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington. By signing these terms and conditions, the student consents to and accepts the jurisdictions of such courts for the purpose of any such action or proceeding and agree to waive any objection to venue being laid therein.
- Legal Compliance. We have a legal obligation to comply with U.S. laws and regulations. We may use certain information you provided to us on your application to ensure our compliance with export and other regulations by screening you against lists prepared by federal government agencies, such as those prepared by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. You hereby consent to the transfer of your personally identifiable information to third-party screening services that we have retained solely to conduct such screenings.
University Policies, Procedures and Requirements
- As a student at Gonzaga Global you are bound by federal, state, and municipal laws as well as the rules and regulations governing the conduct of Gonzaga University (“GU” or “University”) students, as those may be amended from time to time. These rules and regulations may be found here (Student Code of Conduct) and also here (Sexual Harassment Policy).
- In addition to this Enrollment Contract, as part of your conditional offer you have received other University information and documents that contain additional terms of your participation. Please familiarize yourself with all documentation provided to you by GU.
- In addition to the health insurance requirements listed in this Enrollment Contract, the terms of your health insurance must meet the GU requirements. You are fully and solely responsible for the payment of any premiums or other costs associated with maintaining health insurance coverage, and Gonzaga University is not responsible for payment of any funds related to your health insurance.
- Unless we inform you otherwise, your books and learning materials must be purchased through the University Bookstore.
- Academic or Conduct Rule and Policy Violations. You are required to adhere to the GU’s Academic Integrity Policy, which can be found here. You may be suspended or expelled if you violate any of GU’s policies, rules, or regulations, which may result in the revocation of your immigration status. No refund will be given in cases of suspension or expulsion.
- Dismissal. If you are dismissed from Gonzaga Global or from the University for any reason you may not-reapply to Gonzaga Global the University, your current program, or any other program offered by Gonzaga Global.
- Force Majeure. GU is not liable in cases where GU is unable to fulfill any services because of fire, natural disaster, disease or pandemic, national emergency, act of government, acts of war or terrorism, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or any other reasons which are beyond GU’s control.
- Degree Verification and Non-US Institutions. GU is a U.S. accredited university. You may be required to submit your degree for verification (sometimes called “validation” or “authentication”), either by your employer or your country’s education authority, if you wish to live and work in your home country. It is your responsibility to determine what level of verification is needed and how to obtain it. We do not guarantee that your GU degree will be verified outside of the U.S. Degree verification does not impact the validity or value of your degree in the U.S. Further, We do not guarantee that credits earned at GU will be transferrable to systems of higher education outside of the U.S. Whether and how much transfer credit to award is in the discretion of the foreign institution.
- F-1 Status. In order to maintain proper F-1 visa status, you must comply with all applicable Federal regulations related to study in the U.S., including pursuit of a full course of study. Please review GU’s policies on student visa status and immigration. You will be in jeopardy of losing your immigration status if you fail to maintain the necessary academic standing. We will be required to report any violation by you of your F-1 status to the SEVIS database of the DHS. Your personally identifiable information, including course enrollment details and changes, and circumstances of any suspected breach by you of GU’s or Gonzaga Global’s policies may be shared with the DHS, GU and accrediting agencies, designated authorities, your parents, and Gonzaga Global staff and agents. If you intend to seek permanent resident status at any point during your anticipated tenure at Gonzaga University, you must disclose such intent at the time of application. Please be aware that scheduling and class attendance conflicts that arise from pursuing immigration status changes will not be accommodated and may prevent you from continuing at [your studies. You may be dismissed if you seek or obtain a change in you permanent residency. No refunds will be given if you must withdraw due to your actual or anticipated change to permanent resident status.