Welcome to Gonzaga University!
Soon you will be headed to campus in Spokane, Washington. Prepare for a successful start by completing your on-campus or digital learning steps below.
Our dedicated personal advisors make sure all your questions are answered and ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message.
We look forward to meeting you and welcome to Gonzaga Global!
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Chau Luu (Vietnam)
+84 962 442 193
Whatsapp: +84 962 442 193
Skype: live:chau.luuquynhEmail Chau Luu
Ngoc Hoang (Vietnam)
+84 382 027 922
Whatsapp: +84 382 027 922
Skype: live:bichngoc.ufmEmail Ngoc Hoang
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your enrollment advisor of the date and embassy location of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
Gonzaga Global offers students free Airport Pick-Up from Spokane International Airport (GEG) to campus. Please provide your arrival details at least two weeks before the arrival date.
When making your travel arrangements, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
Once you book your flights, you must fill out the student arrival form.
We recommend arriving a day or two before and staying at one of the hotels near the Spokane International Airport: SpringHill Suites, Ramada by Windham, Wingate by Wyndham. They are located across the street from the hotel.
After 4 p.m. Check-in
If you are arriving after 4 p.m., we do have an airport pick-up service available through Lyft, however, students must have a United States Phone number, +1 (###) ###-####, in order to use the service. Otherwise, students must schedule their own ride. Our on-campus team will email the address of your dorm to you before arrival day.
You can still check into the residence halls after hours. When you arrive on campus, call the phone number posted on the dorm of your residence hall for RA on-call. If you have any troubles, call Campus Security, at +1 (509) 313-2222, and tell them which dorm you need to check in at.
Can I move in early?
No, move-in begins on arrival day. Gonzaga Global recommends students who arrive early to stay at one of the hotels near the Spokane International Airport.
For all undergraduate and graduate program move-in dates, please visit the Important Dates page.
We are looking forward to meeting you in person!
Make your payment in full at least two weeks before you arrive to avoid enrollment delays and ensure an on-time start.
Follow the instructions below to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit the Gonzaga Global Flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a US credit card or US bank account.
- Please be aware that if you do not pay your balance as indicated on your statement of fees by the payment deadline, the following may occur:
- Late payment fees may be charged.
- You may have your scholarship and/or waivers rescinded. In such cases, you will be responsible for the full cost of your program.
- You may encounter delays or other issues enrolling and registering for classes.
We’ve partnered with campusSIMS to help connect you with mobile phone service. Get your US phone number in your home country and have service that’s ready to use as soon as you land. Click here to get your free SIM card.
campusSIMS helps international students get connected with mobile phone service in the US. Through campusSIMS’ exclusive partner Mint Mobile, students can sign up and get their US phone number while in their home country, and have mobile phone service ready to use as soon as they land.
Students can get low-cost, reliable mobile phone service starting at as low as $15 per month that includes:
- A free SIM card
- Unlimited talk and text
- High speed data
- Nationwide coverage on the fastest, most advanced network
For more information, visit campussims.com.
This will allow you to log in, anywhere in the world without changing phone numbers.
Then please visit my.gonzaga.edu to see MyGU which is the main hub for students.
Using the plus icon add the following apps to your homepage. We will discuss them in orientation and they will be important to your student life:
Undergraduate students whose major requires a math class are required to take this math test (except for Academic English and Graduate students). Please check your Gonzaga email to see if this applies to you.
Completing your Housing Agreement is an important step in confirming your housing.
Housing is guaranteed for students who are under 21 years old at the start of their semester. Students above 21 years old can request to live on campus via the website at the same website
- Log into Zag Living (https://GONZAGA.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortalX)
- Login using the blue “GONZAGA – STUDENT SSO LOGIN” button
- Select “Application” from the navigation bar.
- Review available applications, select the term (Academic Year “current”) you plan to live on campus.
- Follow steps on each page to submit Emergency Contact Information, and Profile questionnaire to match with roommate.
- Review the Terms & Conditions to living on campus and e-sign document
- Next, select “Forms” from the navigation bar.
- Select the form “Early Arrival Form”
- Enter the arrival date for your orientation, and select “International Student Orientation”
Review, and Submit the form. Your housing and pre-arrival tasks are now complete
Please upload your Vaccination Information.
Go to my.gonzaga.edu
Go to square “MEDICAT”
Go to the tab “immunizations”
Find “Mandatory Measles Vaccination”
Write the two dates of the Measles/MMR vaccine
Go to the tab “Upload”
Choose “immunization records.”
Upload a photo of your vaccine record (can be a screenshot or scan of a paper document) Must be translated into English.
If it does not include birthday and name in English, please write it on the paper.
Students must provide final, official transcripts including proof of graduation and graduation date prior to or upon arrival. Students who do not submit final, official documents as determined by Gonzaga University will have a hold placed on the account after add/drop date which will prevent the student from registering for the following semester and/or withdrawing from classes and may include dismissal.
Ways to submit final transcripts:
- In person: Students may bring official transcripts to orientation. Sealed envelopes not required.
- Digitally: Official transcripts can be sent digitally, directly from the school to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electronic Upload(if available):
- Mail: Students may mail official transcripts to Gonzaga University:
Office of Admission
502 E Boone Ave
Spokane, WA 99258-0102
Must be sent directly from institution to Gonzaga University via Document Delivery service (Parchment/Naviance/Clearinghouse) for proof of graduation/arrival purposes.
Official Documents must include Statement of Results so scores can be electronically verified.
CHINA GRADUATION CERTIFICATES
Students with secondary school graduation from China, must bring to campus the original graduation certificates 毕业证书“bi ye zheng shu” Certified English translations also required.
You must submit your ZAGCARD photo before arrival to make check-in smooth.
In order to receive mail at Gonzaga you need to request a mailbox. You CANNOT send mail to your Residence Hall address.
1. You need to set up a mailbox with Gonzaga. Please do it here. It may take 5 days to get your mailbox.
- You need your (a) Gonzaga Student ID number and your (b) Gonzaga email address.
2. You will receive a mailbox number (MSC #)
3. Make sure you use this address format:
- Student Name
502 E. Boone Ave. MSC Box _______
Spokane, WA 99258
4. You will receive an email from the mailroom when you have mail to pick up.
5. Go to the mailroom, located next to the bookstore, to pick up your mail. You will need your Zagcard and to know your MSC #.
Once you have your mailbox, you can begin sending mail to pick up when you arrive.
If you have any questions please check the mailroom website and then ask email@example.com if you need more help.